Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Practice 1

So I need to start practicing my leading again.   It's been awhile since I've practiced with the intent to learn new things to lead.

So.  I will pick one balboa move and one Lindy move to work on this week.

Lindy first!!!!


First thing about this video.. is that it is one of my favourite performances.  Those swivels at 1:57 on are just the funnest thing.   Frida is one of my favourite follows.  I love her style.

Anyway, the move comes at 1:00 where he does an almost but not quite sugar push to prep for a quick turn into an awesome dip.  It's just so smooth.  I love it.

As for balboa.


Max is one of my all time favourite dancers.  He is so damn good; and he's good at so much.  Lindy, West Coast, Balboa, Jitterbug. Much more I'm sure.  Anyway, here he is doing balboa smooth as ever that cocky bastard.   I want to learn a couple since the first is more a styling.

The first moment comes at the beginning about 00:14 seconds in, he does a throw-out into a catch and than brings her around to do a couple paddle turns.  I just love this, it's so smooth, and easy enough to do.

Next I want to learn what comes at about 34 seconds in, he does a throw-out into a texas-tommy into whatever its called where you continue the spin around your back and over your head into a catch into swivels.  Just fantastic.

He goes on to do much more amazing things and I will probably come back to this to learn more.  (I mean look at moment 1:12!)  Following that must be amaaazing.

If I could dance with Max, I would be soooooo happy.

Anyway, that's it for my late night Lindy fix.

-Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment