Thursday, October 17, 2013

6.0 Thoughts From Friday Through Wednesday

These Past 5-6 days have been rather difficult.  I have had very little energy, and have not really felt like doing much of anything.

It started on Friday, when I was feeling incredibly tired and lethargic.  I had to force myself to come to class.  And even in class I couldn't really focus and I was out of it.  I don't even really remember what happened.


 I think we worked on balance and running.  I have noticed that my balance has improved greatly.  Especially when on my toes.  I had so much trouble with that during the first few weeks of class but now I find it quite simple.  It all came down to engaging my thighs.


With a helpful tip it has become effortless.  

I also noticed that my back has been becoming more flexible.  (Or maybe its my hamstrings)  either way I have come a long way, from barely touching my toes, to going several inches past them.

I'll be there some day...!

The Journal Prompt for Friday, was...(sorry, incoming paraphrasing) How has Dancing affected your life?

Well starting from a couple years ago it has been that part of my life that the everything else revolves around.  Most of my relationships revolve around my friends from dance.  The center of my week is Thursday night swing.  Beyond that, more focusing on this class specifically, I find myself dancing everywhere unconsciously.  Moving with more precision.  I try to be healthier and stretch when I can, I try not to injure myself for worry that I won't be able to dance.

I just want to be able to dance.  Forever.


The weekend continued my melancholy mood even up until my big dance on Sunday!




The dance went well and did improve my mood quite a bit.

Monday was a lot better and I felt good about going to class, It really is the best part of my day.
This week is working a lot on precision with the legs and jumping.  The precision exercises are ok, but the jumping exercise is/was incredibly fun.  It is something that I feel I do really well, and I enjoy doing tremendously.

The Journal Prompt was curious about how our learning style affected our learning.  I honestly don't really know.  I learn from every way.  Sometimes different things need different explanations.  I'm having a hard time separating my learning process especially in dance.  I will muse on this more later.

It is late.  Must sleep.
Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment